During these times of uncertainty due to the novel coronavirus outbreak, NeuBeam is taking steps to make sure that you will be able to successfully use your Internet service for all your needs.
Please find below items related to the novel coronavirus outbreak including emails sent to customers, billing information, and more. Click the plus sign to expand each item. We wish all customers the very best during this difficult time.
- We monitor our networks 24/7. The amount of usage on our network has risen significantly in the past six months and we are doing the best we can to quickly expand the network to meet these increases. In the event of a service disruption, we will post updates on neubeam.com and our Facebook pages for your local market. When possible, we will provide an ETA when service will resume.
- Local sales and support. NeuBeam has a local sales office and technical support team in each of our markets. While many of our employees are currently working from home, you may reach our business sales lines at the following numbers:
- Eastern Shore of Virginia – 757-745-1440
- Garrett County – 240-449-3360
- Washington State – 509-392-6500
- We have children, just like you. We know many families are now using our service for online learning. NeuBeam meets and exceeds the speed requirements for Learning Management Systems such as Virtual Virginia and Schoology. If you have any other concerns or want to inquire about upgrading to a higher speed packages, please contact the business sales line numbers listed above.
- Our hotspots are there when you need them. We maintain free public WiFi hotspots for our communities in Onancock, VA; Oakland, MD; Grantsville, MD; and Colville, WA. For specific locations, visit: https://bit.ly/32i4R7j
- Maintain your account online. You can maintain your NeuBeam account through our online portal. Use our portal to review your invoices, make payments, see your current charge, and modify your contact information. Visit the portal at myaccount.neubeam.com.
- NeuBeam’s core network is designed with high availability equipment and on-site battery backup power. All network elements are monitored remotely on a 24×7 basis and are remotely accessible. The network is constantly monitored for traffic shifts and increases and adjustments will be made to augment and alleviate any network congestion as soon as possible.
- Although we are taking the necessary steps to optimize our network, please realize that additional demands will be made on all networks over the next several weeks due to changing and increased usage patterns. We ask for your patience and understanding as you and others maximize the utilization of our service during this unprecedented time.
- Our 24×7 technical assistance center remains available to assist in troubleshooting your concerns. The best way to handle a service issue is to open up a ticket by speaking with one of our representatives at 1-877-811-1133.
- Many of our employees are now working from home, but if you need further assistance, you can leave a message on our business office sales lines. Those numbers are:
- NeuBeam will continue to provide on-site support at your home or business, when necessary. Most maintenance and service can be done outside the home or business to inspect or repair a radio connection. We will adhere to any customer-initiated restrictions regarding our personnel for these visits. It is also essential if anyone is sick in your home or at your business, that you let us know and take all necessary precautions to ensure the health of our technicians and customers. These same conditions also apply to new customer installations.
- Patient consultations through video conferencing
- Remote monitoring of blood pressure, vital signs, etc.
- Patient portals
- Prescription ordering
- Patient-focused wellness applications
- Virtual or on-line learning
- Educational and digital resources
- Employee Training
- E-mail, Voice and Conference Calls
- Video streaming, On-Line Training
- Industry Research
- To the extent possible, spread out your Internet usage throughout the day.
- Typical peak periods occur in the evenings, so streaming at other times can optimize your viewing experience.
- Turn off your devices that are not in use.
- If available, download your content as an alternative to streaming.
- Eastern Shore of Virginia: 1-757-745-1440
- Garrett County, Maryland: 1-240-449-3360
Due to our temporary office closure during the COVID-19 crisis, customer payments are being forwarded to a remote address. In some isolated cases, receipt of this mail has been delayed or returned to sender.
As always, you will receive an e-mail when your check is received and posted to your account. We apologize for any past due or delinquency notices which have crossed in the mail.
If you receive your check back in the mail, you can do one of the following:
- Make a payment on our customer portal at MYACCOUNT.NEUBEAM.COM (if you have never used the portal, you must register as a new user)
- Call our 24×7 customer service center to pay with a credit/debit card or e-check
- Re-mail the check to the same address
Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time.
Coronavirus has made the Digital Divide more Dangerous than Ever
Internet use during the Coronavirus pandemic sheds light on the nation’s deep digital divide making things like telemedicine and online education more difficult in rural areas. Read this opinion piece in the Washington Post. NeuBeam is doing its part during the crisis as a participant of the FCC’S Keep Americans Connected Pledge.
Why the Internet (Probably) Won’t Break During the Coronavirus Pandemic
As we #StayAtHome, there’s been a huge surge in Internet traffic. Tech blog Recode says the Internet should be able to keep up fine but your favorite website just might not.
YouTube Reduces Video Quality
In what may be a sign of more to come, YouTube is reducing the quality of videos around the world starting Tuesday. This is in effort to ease internet traffic during the Coronavirus outbreak.Streaming services (including Netflix) have already reduced bitrates in Europe. You might note that you can still can still choose to watch videos in high definition but you will now have to opt in to do so.