NeuBeam is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following career opportunities:
Broadband Wireless Network Planner - Vienna, VA
Declaration Networks Group Inc. (DNG) is an award-winning company that designs, builds and operates local broadband networks which connect residential and business customers with our NeuBeam high-speed internet, voice, video and other services. DNG is a fast growing broadband network and service provider with networks on the Eastern Shore of Virginia, Garrett County Maryland; and opening a new market in Stevens County, Washington State. DNG has been selected as the second Microsoft Airband partner bring broadband to rural markets. We offer an exciting and dynamic work environment with a competitive salary and benefits.
The Broadband Wireless Network Planner’s role is primarily responsible for providing network planning and engineering support to the VP Network Operations and Engineering and the CFO. The Broadband Wireless Network Planner will work to develop network plans, specifications and work orders to support the existing DNG network expansion and construct networks in new markets. Position reports to the VP Network Operations in Vienna, Virginia 22182.
- 3-5 years in a wireless ISP network environment supporting engineering and construction.
- Prior operational and planning experience with Cambium Networks and Redline Communications wireless equipment is desired.
- Experience with RF Planning Tools such as LinkPlanner, RF Mobile, and Cloud RF is necessary.
- Excellent understanding of IP networking fundamentals and RF (wireless) architecture.
- Candidate must be self-driven to meet critical dates and objectives and can prioritize assignments when conflicts arise.
- Detail oriented individual experienced in planning, analyzing, forecasting, and documentation of network designs and construction packages.
- Larger-Scale project management experience a plus.
- Requires excellent verbal, written, and computer skills. Must be very proficient in the following Microsoft products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project. Extensive Excel spreadsheet work will be required.
- The Broadband Wireless Network Planner must be proficient in multiple Geographical Information Systems (GIS) software packages including Google Maps, Google Earth and QGIS or ArcGIS.
- Individual must be very organized and able to handle large volumes of data, files and documents.
- Requires the ability to interact remotely and face-to- face with vendors, suppliers and co-workers to develop plans and resolve planning issues.
- Ability to work from home as needed. (requires a quiet workspace, high quality phone service, and a stable broadband connection).
- Periodic travel is required to market and service areas in support of network designs and implementations.
Network Construction Project Manager - Eastern Shore, Virginia
The Network Construction Project Manager for the Eastern Shore of Virginia, is primarily responsible for supporting network infrastructure projects for community masts, relay hubs, tower and community network implementation as directed by the VP of Network Operations and Engineering and other project and activity as needed for the company. The position is providing project management, electrical and technical support for the construction, repair and maintenance, trouble shooting, and operation support of the NeuBeam broadband network. This position will be primarily supporting field projects on the Eastern Shore of Virginia in Accomack and Northampton counties. However, the company will be expanding to other states over the next 24 months so periodic travel may be required.
- Perform basic installation tasks for new sites including outside equipment cabinet wiring, installing radio equipment, pre-configuration of network components, pre- and post-installation testing of components, and troubleshooting.
- Update inventory systems and document as-built drawings for installations.
- Identifies unforeseen conditions or errors in the plans or specifications and communicates such to the attention of their supervisor.
- Coordinate and oversee contractor teams to facilitate site construction. Monitors and records contractor’s work performance with the contract requirements and conducts final inspections, prepares punch lists, and collects documentation for closing out of contracts.
- Perform emergency repair, inspection, or testing of community masts, water tower installations, and communication tower radio and ground equipment as required.
- Maintain a safe working environment on the jobsite and ensure contractors are adhering to safety standards.
- Quality control of installation activity and contractor work is a key component of this job.
- The Construction Project Manager will develop and maintain an effective system to formally document and track the status of all project activities and recommendations.
- The company requires a weekly status report and biweekly timesheet on how you spend your time.
- Ability to perform basic construction tasks including electrical work, low-voltage DC installations, LAN, CAT5, Fiber jumpers, and RF Coaxial cabling and connection experience is required.
- Ability to work outside under adverse weather conditions as required.
- Prior experience with RF Wireless installation of radios and antennas, including GPS systems, is desirable.
- Proven ability to work at heights including step and extension ladder work, bucket truck work, and water tower climbing on fixed ladders. OSHA certification is a plus.
- Clean driving record is required.
- Demonstrate strong organization, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint Etc.) MS Visio desirable.
- Desire to learn new technology and to problem solve.
Send resumes to email@example.com.